LiFePO4 UPS Battery Test Outperforms Expectations

12-8v-7-5ah-lifepo4-ups-battery

On November 23rd, 2016, Battery Backup Power, Inc. completed initial testing of its LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) UPS battery. The battery is designed to be a drop in replacement for standard sealed lead acid batteries. It consists of an internal battery management system board and lithium iron phosphate cells enclosed in standard UPS battery form factor for plug and play use.

During initial testing, the LiFePO4 batteries charged faster and lasted twice as long the standard 12 Volt 7.2 Amp Hour sealed lead acid batteries normally included with the UPS model used during the test (1000 VA / 700 Watt Battery Backup Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) And 4 Tier Active Power Conditioner).

Additional testing will continue throughout the end of the year with shipments scheduled for January 1st, 2017. Pre-orders are being filled by email (engineering@batterybackuppower.com) and phone (855-330-7799) as the battery is not available for purchase on the Battery Backup Power, Inc. website currently.

Battery Backup Power, Inc. Lithium-Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) UPS Battery Specifications

Cost Each: $149.99
Safety: Built In BMS (Battery Management System)
Capacity: 7.5 Amp Hours
Energy Stored: 96 Watt Hours
Nominal Voltage: 12.8 Volts (Sealed Lead Acid Batteries Are Typically 12.9 Volts)
Voltage Range During Discharge: 14.6 Volts to 10 Volts
Weight: 1.04kg 2.3 lbs. (Sealed Lead Acid Batteries Are Typically 6 lbs.)
Dimensions (L x W x H): 151 x 65 x 94 mm
Cycle Life: 1200+ Discharge Cycles To 20% Remaining Charge >800 Full Discharge Cycles With 80% Recoverable Capacity (Sealed Lead Acid Batteries Are Typically 300 Cycles). For Example, In A Scenario Where A Lead Acid Battery Lasts 3 Years (100 Cycles Per Year), This Battery Will Typically Last 12 Years (100 Cycles Per Year).
Charge Method: CC/CV To 14.6 Volts. Will Work With Modern Lead Acid Chargers Including Automotive Charging Systems. Do Not Use Chargers With Desulfate Mode.
Normal Charge Current: 1.5 Amps, Lower Charge Currents Are OK
Maximum Pulse Discharge Current: 30 Amps For 30 Seconds Max
Maximum Charge Current: 7.5 Amps
Maximum Continuous Discharge Current: 15 Amps
Nominal Continuous Discharge Current: 4 Amps
Charge Temperature Range: 0°C to 60°C
Discharge Temperature Range: -10°C to 60°C
Storage Temperature Range: 0°C to 25°C For 1 year | -5°C to 35°C For 3 Months
Mounting Position: Can Be Mounted On Any Side Or Upside Down


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s